If I were to stop a random person on the street and asked if they had a dog and the person replied, “Yes,” then, I am almost guaranteed, they will also say "yes" if asked if there is something about their dog’s behavior they would like to improve. We understand, probably better than most, the struggles of an untrained dog. We also understand the rewards of a well trained, family companion.
The Benefits of Training Your Dog
The benefits of having a trained dog are nearly limitless! From the moment you get your new puppy or dog, here’s a run-down of just some of the advantages and benefits of training:
The biggest killer of pet puppies under 6 months old is not a disease, like parvo, its behavior issues. 1 out of every 5 pets in homes, right now, will not be alive this time next year due to a behavioral issue. 20% of our pets die each year because of behavior problems!
• Puppy classes provide the opportunity for getting your new family member started off right. Puppy classes provide the experiences and opportunities for your puppy to develop interaction skills with other puppies, with people, and in new environments.
• Puppy socialization has been found to be critical to the psychological health of adult dogs. Puppy classes provide the opportunity for this important facet of your puppy’s upbringing.
• Training classes provide dog owners the skills and knowledge for dealing with common, normal dog behaviors—starting with puppy behaviors such as housetraining and chewing.
• No matter what age you start training your dog, foundation training provides the basis for any activity, behavior or job you want your dog to do.
• Training provides dogs with the basic good manners we all want—from polite greeting when guests arrive, to walking nicely on the leash, to coming when called.
• A trained dog is a fully participating member of the family—what a gift for all of you!
A trained dog joins in the fun when company comes, accompanies the family to the kids’ sports games, goes with you to visit friends and relatives, goes for hikes, swims, and everything else the family does together.
• Training enables you to choose from among a broad range of activities and dog sports to participate in and enjoy with your dog such as dog agility, Rally obedience, dancing with your dog, tracking, search and rescue, skijoring, sledding, water rescue trials, obedience, carting, reading programs, therapy work, and a nearly endless range of fun and philanthropic things to
• Training has been shown to be the single most important thing that keeps a dog in his or her “forever” home.
• Training builds your mutual bond, enhances the partnership and enriches the relationship you share with your dog. Is there anything better?
• Having a trained dog is a joy for both you and your dog!
• We understand, in today’s society, everyone has hectic schedules and training your dog can get lost in the shuffle. It can be a confusing, time consuming, and frustrating process. However, training is required to get the family companion we all dreamed of when we got our dog in the first place. Smeraglia K9 makes this process as easy as possible by being flexible to your needs and goals.